The School Advisory Commission (SAC) is an advisory body whose task is to advise the Principal and Pastor on the optimal means of implementing and integrating the educational objectives of St. Patrick Parish in St. Patrick Catholic School.
It is not a deliberative body, and is to work in collaboration with the Parish and Finance Councils, as well as other advisory bodies within the parish. As such, the SAC cannot act apart from the Pastor and Principal.
The specific purposes of the SAC are:
- Develop and recommend policies in conformity with diocesan policies and guidelines;
- Assist the Pastor in the selection of the School Principal;
- Review the school budget;
- Develop long-range plans;
- Provide formation opportunities for SAC members;
- Develop goals which reflect the Catholic character of the school.
The areas in which the SAC shall be consulted are:
- Administration (e.g., budget review, assisting with Principal selection)
- Catholic identity
- Integration of curriculum and programs
- Development and public relations
- Student and personnel policies
- Enrollment expansion and retention
- Physical plant safety and security issues
- Strategic planning